JOB DESCRIPTION OF A NLI SCOUT
We are looking for candidates that played and/or coached at the NCAA or NAIA level. We hire scouts who are sport specific and whose experience immediately gives them credibility in the sport they are working. Following are expectations of a NLI scout:
- Will actively participate in NLI Scouting training before starting and adhere to what is learned in training. Generally, training will take place over the phone or in a GoToMeeting on the computer.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and NAIA recruiting rules as they pertain to high school student-athletes, including but not limited to, contact periods, quiet periods, and dead periods.
- An already established network of personal relationships with college coaches in the sport the scout is working.
- An already established network of personal relationships with high school coaches and travel ball/club coaches in the sport the scout is working.
- Maintain and constantly add to a database of college coach requests in the sport the scout is working.
- Maintain an active social media presence where prospects and college coaches can follow the scout and the prospects the scout is working with.
- Proactively attend events both current NLI prospects and future prospects are participating in.
- Proactively seek working relationships and possible partnerships with training facilities in the sport the scout is working.
- Actively communicate with college coaches in getting current prospects identified and actively recruited.
- At all times, the scout is expected to act in a professional demeanor while representing him/herself as a NLI scout. This includes while actively scouting events, practices, games, and also includes maintaining appropriate content on all social media pages.
COMPENSATION FOR NLI SCOUTS
- Scouts are independent contractors and sign appropriate paperwork prior to working with NLI including an independent contractor agreement and a W9.
- Scouts dictate their own schedule and NLI does not mandate when or where a scout will work.
- Scouts are paid $1000/prospect for the first 20 prospects signed.
- Scouts are paid $1200/prospect for every prospect thereafter.
- Scouts are paid on a regular, set basis. If the contract is submitted before Friday at noon, payment will be disbursed the following Friday by direct deposit into the scout’s designated bank account. For residual payments, scouts are paid once a month on the 15th of that month.
WE ARE VERY EXCITED TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD! PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH THE VIDEOS BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO BE THE MOST EFFECTIVE NLI SCOUT. TRAINING IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY OUR CO-FOUNDER/DIRECTOR MR. CHRIS HUNT.
Please feel free to download these videos and spread them on social media to help promote NLI Scouting and your scouting work for NLI.
Seneca Smith is our Social Media Manager. Please reach out to him if you want a videos or photos done specifically for you. Please feel free to email, text or call him.